2020 Freshman SF Baseball Open Gym Information
- Sign the roll
- Physicals: Need to be completed before tryouts. If you’ve had one during the school year, you still need to provide me a copy and it will be a part of your tryout packet. Tryout packets will be handed out at a later date
- Friday Practices/Open Gyms:
When: Optional open gym/practice dates:
Saturday, 1/11, 7-9 am
Saturday, 1/18, 7-9 am
Saturday, 1/25, 7-9 am
Saturday, 2/1, 7-9 am
Saturday, 2/8, 7-9 am
Saturday, 2/15, 7-9 am
Where: Advanced Learning Center Fieldhouse 161 E 400 N, Salem, UT 84653. The Fieldhouse in located on the West side of the building and the last doors on the right side
- BE ON TIME: 10 Burpees if you’re late
- Workouts aren’t mandatory but HIGHLY recommended
- Bring ALL your baseball equipment
- Dress accordingly (warm clothes and no camo)
- Be coachable
- Ask questions
- If you’re interested hats can be purchased for $20 per hat in the Finance Office. Bring me the receipt after school and we can get you your hats.
- BSN Team Store will open soon. Order at your own discretion. Another one will open up after tryouts
- I value the following characteristics:
- Be respectful: to your parents, teachers, coaches, classmates, leaders…. In other words, if you struggle at being a good and respectful person then you need to work on it
- Be responsible: communicate, school, homework, your job,
- Be good kids: Some of you are struggling with this
- Your Time: Show up! Be to the practices for you and your teammates
- Check yourself!
- Tryouts is TBD. More info will be given out as the time gets closer.
- You must get a 2.0 GPA from term two to tryout. Remember, to make the high school team next year you need to have a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- If you “Fail” two or more classes from term two you cannot tryout
- Ask yourself this question: “Are you doing everything you can to prepare yourself to help US accomplish OUR goal(s)?”
- If you’re playing another sport right now, that is your priority. DO NOT miss a practice to attend baseball open gym/practice.
- Follow @sfdiamondclub on Twitter. That will be my main source of communication outside of open gym/practice.
*If you or your parents have any questions please email Coach Carlson @ email@example.com